Welcome to My MissAdventures, a spin-off of my personal blog which you can find at miss-monologue.livejournal.com.

My MissAdventures is where you'll find wonderful, descriptive tales of my travels, shopping finds, food trips, and anything under the sun that brightens my day.

So sit back, relax, and let me do the talking.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Days Spent in the Hospital

I'm currently at The Medical City to keep my mom company and since my blog is full of food entries, I've decided to hold that food entry for a bit. If you asked me how many times I've spent in this hospital, I would just say a lot. I don't know all the nooks and crannies but I sure know all the food spots and where I can get the better deals on water and other hospital essentials. The hospital isn't my favorite place but I am lucky I am able to get services from a good hospital. 


Besides that, having a health care provider is heaven sent. Yet it is a privilege that's bound to be abused, or at least overused. I'm sure mine is. I'm still supported by my dad's company's HMO even at 24. I don't know how that came to be but I'm glad about it. (Shhh!) Whenever I feel that I'm on the verge of an infection, fever or I'm just paranoid that I've some illness, I could easily go to any hospital and have a checkup care of the HMO. What makes it more convenient is that there is a The Medical City Satellite Clinic at our neighborhood malls, a.k.a. Waltermart and Trinoma. It doesn't feel like going to the hospital at all because I can go shopping right after or while waiting for lab results. 


Lab tests are another story. The benefit of having a health care provider is that most of the lab tests are covered as long as they are requested by a doctor. I have had countless lab tests, x-ray and ultrasound procedures that cost up to Php 4,000 a pop! The only thing that isn't covered is outpatient medicine. I cry inside whenever I have to buy medicine. But it's not like I can forego taking them anyway. The only consolation is the sudden generic medicine boom. Php 50 meds sell for Php 2 at the generic drugstores. 




Back to The Medical City, I'm glad the Rockwell Business Center put up all sorts of establishments. It doesn't only cater to their employees / tenants but to the people here in the hospital, too. There's a bank, a salon, and lots of food establishments to choose from. Now I don't have to choose between North Park and North Park. Haha. The volume of people at night ( thanks to the BPO) also makes it a more comfortable place to go to. The 7-11 with it's pine-orange juice, hot choco, yema and Dole bananas is a home away from home. The Strip seems like a very far place already.


It seems that no matter how I try to veer away from writing about food, it still wraps me in. I probably should end here or I'll end up talking about more food. But don't worry, I will never, ever write about hospital food. They really are no good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment